Yosemite Community College District
Yosemite Community College District
Senior Director of Information Technology – Educational Support Services
Salary: Management Salary Schedule (2022-2023) Range 46: $11,085- $14,096 per month. A $2,736 per year ($228 per month) Doctoral Stipend is provided for an earned doctorate.
Closing Date: Sunday, February 5th, 2023 at 11:59pm
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at:
Under general direction of a District executive, provide leadership and implementation for the district’s overall Information Technology System and services. The Senior Director of Information Technology has primary responsibility for planning, organizing and managing district-wide technology functions including networking, architecture, applications, and operations, and their integration with institutional planning.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
The Senior Director of Information Technology reports directly to a District executive.
Provides direct supervision over IT managers, and to numerous professional, technical as well as other administrative support staff, as assigned.
Criteria and Qualifications:
• Experience in an academic environment in an IT leadership role.
• Understanding and use of technology to advance the District’s mission.
• Broad experiences in technology management and implementation.
• A sophisticated understanding of the role and importance of research in a California community college district.
• Evidence of strong communications skills.
• Strong project management background and orientation.
• High degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Commitment to participatory governance.
• Experience with Colleague by Ellucian ERP system.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Information Technology or a related field AND three years of leadership experience reasonably related to this administrative assignment.
Experience: Demonstrated work history of increasingly responsible positions in Information Technology; Experience in an academic environment in a leadership role; History of having a strong, open, collaborative leadership style; Sensitivity to and knowledge of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
Desirable Professional Characteristics
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Responsible for planning, direction, and management of the district’s Information Technology, which includes networking, MIS, applications development, technical services, and computer operations.
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate policies, procedures and standards required to provide flexible and cost-effective Information Technology (IT) services essential to quality instruction, and administrative processes.
• Provide leadership for the acquisition, development, and implementation of a high quality open architecture Information Technology infrastructure.
• Develop an on-going planning process in Information Technology that will serve the administration, faculty, staff, students, and the colleges.
• Coordinate collaboration of Information Technology efforts among the colleges and district.
• Work collaboratively with appropriate campus committees and managers to develop a program to maximize access and use of technology.
• Collaborate with both colleges and provide leadership regarding the acquisition, installation, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software.
• Contribute to the district’s achievement of accurate enrollment management.
• Evaluate and implement technologies that require high levels of understanding and training.
• Prepare, administer, and monitor the annual technology budget and maintain budget controls and required documentation for categorical expenditures.
• Investigate, design and implement information technology processes and logistics that contribute to student success.
• Chair district-wide Information Technology related committees.
• Prepare agenda items for the Board of Trustees relating to Information Technology and arrange for Board reports from the colleges/district regarding Information Technology.
• Interface with vendors and other outside companies and agencies as appropriate.
• Perform a wide variety of administrative and technical duties.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certificates
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
The Yosemite Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit yosemite.peopleadmin.com.