Website State Center Community College District
Dean, Instruction – Career & Technical Education (CTE) & Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) (Full-Time) Madera Community College
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 2/6/2023 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Madera Community College
Start Date: 12/21/2022
Under general direction of the Vice President and College President, plans, organizes, integrates and manages the educational processes and administrative activities of an instructional division at an assigned college; provides leadership for the advancement of effective instructional programming including scheduling, program/curriculum development, and Guided Pathways, oversees and develops class schedules; assigns and approves professional development; plans and conducts faculty evaluation and tenure processes; directs and coordinates communications, instructional planning, and other initiatives to meet college and student needs; manages assigned functions to ensure compliance with District/college policies and procedures and all state and federal codes, educational regulations and requirements; actively engages in participatory governance processes; and performs related duties as assigned.
Dean, Instruction is distinguished from other deans and academic managers by its responsibility for providing leadership and management to an academic division in a college’s instructional program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
• Plans, organizes and manages a college’s instructional programs and activities for an assigned group of disciplines.
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls, integrates, and evaluates the work of assigned employees; with employees, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve goals and objectives; contributes to development of and monitors performance against the annual department/division budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
• Participates in the selection and on-boarding of full-time and part-time faculty, in coordination with their departments, selection advisory committees, and the Human Resources Department; directs faculty teaching assignments and monitors teaching loads; oversees and conducts the scheduling of class offerings and classroom allocations; assesses and manages the performance of the division’s full-and part-time faculty and conducts timely performance reviews; develops and works with faculty to maintain an assessment plan to measure instructional courses for student learning outcomes and adherence to accreditation standards to improve student learning; conducts curriculum review. evaluation and planning to ensure the currency and relevance of division curricula in meeting student needs; ensures proper course sequencing to enable students to complete programs and meet degree and/or transfer requirements in a timely manner; assists faculty with program accreditation requirements; works to promote/maintain a collegial environment within the division; mediates the adjudication of faculty, staff, student and community conflict resolution and grievance processes.
• Directs and manages the performance of assigned employees; participates in the selection of employees; establishes performance requirements and professional development targets for direct reports; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development, including timely performance evaluations; ensures accurate reporting of absence time; hears and acts on employee grievances; subject to concurrence by senior management and Human Resources, approves or takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with Board Policies, Administrative Regulations, Human Resources procedures, Personnel Commission Rules, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Provides day-to-day leadership and works with employees to ensure a high-performance, service-oriented work environment that supports achievement of the division’s, college’s and the District’s mission, objectives and values; promotes workplace diversity, inclusion, cultural competency and a positive work environment; provides guidance for program planning and data analysis to inform practices that support student achievement.
• Works closely with college committees, such as Guided Pathways, Student Success, Equity and Program Planning, to advance the State Chancellor’s Vision for Success; collaborates with others on campus and with K-12 partners to promote and develop Dual Enrollment pathways that align with college strategic goals and meet Career Access Pathways requirements.
• Participates in the development and implementation of District/college strategic plans, goals and objectives; leads and directs employees in the development and application of new methodologies, technologies and process improvements to achieve higher efficiency and productivity.
• Participates actively in the life of the college, the District, and participatory governance processes and initiatives by serving on or leading committees, workforces, task forces, and councils; coordinates, assigns, directs and/or participates in work on projects associated with accreditation.
• Works with department faculty, staff and administration to ensure compliance with California Code of Regulations Title V, accreditation standards and Board Policies and Administrative
For a complete description & to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3746507
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.