Website San Diego Community College District
Executive Business Officer
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 2/28/2024
Position Number: 011657
Position Type: Classified
The San Diego Community College District seeks applications for the Executive Business Officer – Vice Chancellor, Finance and Business Services. The Executive Business Officer reports directly to the Chancellor and works collaboratively with Chancellor’s Cabinet and stakeholders in ensuring fiscal health and stability for the District. In addition to robust experience in business development and financial reporting, the ideal candidate will be innovative and forward thinking. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual who is committed to ongoing collaborations with faculty, staff and external partners and who has demonstrated experience working in and leading a diverse organization.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
DESIRABLE PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate:
• Ability to lead within a diverse public organization and contribute positively to a culture of meaningful inclusion, equity in outcomes, and accessibility for all communities and stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively lead business and financial services at an executive management level in a diverse organization prioritizing equitable allocation of resources for all communities and stakeholders.
• Expertise in budget planning, development and control in a public organization.
• Advanced knowledge of financial reporting requirements, preferably within a California community college.
• Ability to lead collaboratively and ethically in a public organization which includes a collective bargaining and participatory governance environment.
• Expertise in accounting and auditing practices at an executive management level.
• Expertise in directing, planning, and coordinating the development of financing for capital projects.
• Expertise in procurement and competitive bidding processes in a public organization.
• Expertise in strategic planning, action, and leadership.
• Demonstrated cultural humility and sensitivity to diverse communities served by a large urban community college district.
• Experience working with a governing board to develop and implement policy.
• Experience with legislative analysis and advocacy and liaising with appropriate government agencies and national organizations.
• Experience with redevelopment projects, including debt financing related to bond issues and Certificates of Participation.
Salary and other benefits depend upon qualifications and experience and are highly competitive. The San Diego Community College District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package and opportunities for professional development. This position is covered by the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). This position is FLSA Exempt (does not accrue overtime).
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4908395
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.