Website San Diego Community College District
San Diego Community College District
Position Number: 011635
Location: San Diego City College
Position Type: Academic
San Diego City College seeks an EOPS Director. Under general supervision of the Dean of Student Devlopment and Matriculation, plan, organize, manage, and direct EOPS, CARE, and NEXT UP programs. Evaluate and recommend programs, standards, policies and procedures within the parameters of State and Federal laws to meet the District’s goals for EOPS programs.
1) Plan, manage, direct, and provide leadership for the day-to-day activities of all components of a campus EOPS, CARE, and NEXT UP, which benefit respective students, including instruction, counseling assessment, college orientation and tutorial services.
2) Supervise, select, evaluate, train, and appraise assigned certificated and classified employees; determine staffing levels and allocate staff time; provide for technical direction and guidance; prepare and assign staff assignments and schedules; make employment, transfer and promotion recommendations; develop appropriate training programs.
3) Work closely with other student services and student assistance personnel, including faculty, classified professionals, hourly employees, and student employees, to coordinate programs/services and assure proper communication and compliance with District policies and procedures.
4) Attend, represent and participate in District wide, local, State and national level committees, groups, conferences, advisory boards, and professional organizations to develop effective programs and services, to maintain liaisons, and to exchange information and discuss EOPS-related matters.
5) Develop annual budget recommendations according to established procedures; monitor status of funds available for special programs; prepare budgets and disbursement guidelines and authorize expenditures.Interpret and implement federal and state guidelines with respect to programs served; monitor EOPS activities to assure compliance with federal and state guidelines. Interpret and explain legal requirements and District policies and procedures to students, faculty, staff, and the public.
6) Establish program goals. Survey and identify special materials needed by students; survey and identify needs of students who are disadvantaged by language, social and economic handicaps. Assess need for new programs/services and facilitate their development and implementation.
7) Develop community contacts and provide outreach recruitment for potential students; develop transfer relationships and agreements with four-year institutions. Communicate with campus and high school counselors and community agencies to recruit students and develop and coordinate academic course work, counseling and support services.
8) Explain and interpret program objectives and offerings. Provide information to staff, students, and the public regarding assigned programs.Review and evaluate program regarding its impact on the success and retention of students served.
9) Develop and implement policies and procedures; prepare guidelines and manuals for programs supervised.Prepare formal applications for government and private grants and funds based on applicable demographic, financial and personal considerations.
10) Supervise and participate in the preparation and maintenance of administrative records and reports related to EOPS services, activities and finances.
11) Provide instructional aides for classes with EOPS students; provide tutoring and other special assistance as necessary. Coordinate and direct counseling and other support for assigned programs and services.
a) The EOPS director must meet the minimum qualifications for a student services administrator.b) An EOPS director must have, within the last 4 years, 2 years of full-time experience or the equivalent:1) management or administration of educational programs, community organizations, government programs, or private industry in which s/he dealt predominantly with ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages or2) as a community college EOPS counselor or EOPS instructor, or have comparable experience in working with disadvantaged clientelec) In addition, an EOPS director…shall have completed a minimum of 6 units of college level course work predominantly relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by educational, language or social disadvantages
Knowledge:Applicable sections of the Calif. Education Code, other State and federal laws.Awareness of problems countered by economically disadvantaged students.Budget preparation and management.Community leaders, resources and agencies involved with ethnic minority issues.District organization, operation, policies and objectives, including academic and transfer requirements.Fundamentals of accounting, budgeting and fiscal reporting.Interpret and explain legal requirements.Labor market conditions and demographic composition of community.Laws, regulations and policies governing EOPS programs.Principles and techniques of interviewing, training, and supervision.Student counseling, tutoring, and instructional support.Students’ rights and teachers’ contracts.
Skills and Abilities:Determine staffing levels and allocate staff time.Develop and implement services and programs to provide post-secondary education access retention and transition opportunities for socially disadvantaged and under-represented minority students.Interrelate effectively with socially disadvantaged students.Maintain records and prepare reports.Plan, organize and manage a variety of programs and services including outreach, recruitment, counseling and tutoring.Prepare and control program budgets and authorize expenditures.Provide leadership.Read, interpret and apply provisions of federal, state and local rules and regulations pertaining to EOPS programs.Review and evaluate program activities and services and assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Both of the following: (a) Master’s degree; AND (b) One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment
Range 15 ($7,624.16- $12,181.63) per month.
For full job description and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4084179
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.