Website San Diego Community College District
Manager, Web & Data Architect
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 5/28/2023
Position Number: 00120449
Position Type: Classified
Applications are currently being accepted for Manager, Web and Data Architect in District’s Information Technology. Hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. However, selected candidates must be willing to adjust work days/hours as directed based on the department’s needs.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Information Technology, plan, organize, direct and manage multiple web applications, data warehouse systems, and programming projects; train, manage and evaluate staff.
1. Plan, design and manage the activities of multiple information systems projects and tasks assigned; prioritize and schedule staff work; monitor progress of the projects.
2. Consult with and advise the Director and Assistant Director of Information Technology and administrative systems leadership on systems and project priorities.
3. Coordinate and manage activities related to systems implementation and maintenance between and among user departments; realign project plans and specifications as necessary.
4. Design and coordinate systems and data architectures related to but not limited to web applications; establish an institutional data modeling technique and an ongoing data model for an Enterprise Data Warehouse system.
5. Research, evaluate and manage the acquisition and execution of contracts for new software and systems, on-premise as well as on the cloud.
6. Establish web-based applications standards, security standards, business continuity plans, data governance and business terms definitions.
7. Establish and maintain compliance with standards and procedures relating to systems design, development and administration.
8. Assign programmers and technical analysts’ staff to various projects; manage projects and lead activities among analysts and technical personnel; review and ensure compliance with work objectives, policies and standards established in the planning process.
9. Prepare and present progress reports on activities related to assigned projects and tasks with IT leadership and functional stakeholders.
10. Ensure timely and successful completion of projects through effective utilization of staff, communicate project, and work status with administrative systems leadership and end user departments as appropriate.
11. Identify and analyze computing needs, problems and issues; develop alternative solutions and recommend appropriate actions.
12. Implement and monitor work procedures to facilitate communications, resource tracking and standardization assignments to staff.
13. Manage activities related to the installation and upgrade of institutional software; research and review upgrade documentation.
14. Assist with database security and maintenance of database integrity. Manage and coordinate database activities with the Technical Services team and Database Administrators.
15. Maintain relationships with computer vendors, contractors and external agencies for technical support and computer partnership agreements.
Systems and Data Architectures.
Relational Database Management Systems.
Structured Query Languages (SQL).
Extraction, Loading and Transformation (ETL) tools.
Data normalization principles and techniques.
Data modeling techniques.
Design and implementation of web applications and services in an educational environment.
Principles and practices of staff leadership, technical management, training and professional development.
Principles of project management.
Structured systems analysis methodology.
Reporting tools and information delivery systems.
Decision Support and Executive Information Systems.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and AI tools.
Principles of web design and systems development.
Integration of Web applications for internal and external uses.
Skills and Abilities:
Analyze, design and implement complex systems and provide solutions that maximize performance, effectiveness and efficiency.
Create data models and system architectures, both on-premise and on the cloud, for various applications and database needs.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Participate actively in the investigation and analysis of complex problems using interpersonal skills and technical knowledge to draft and propose effective solutions.
Participate effectively in the investigation, planning and design of systems and applications projects. Supervise multiple activities simultaneously.
Manage and participate in the evaluation, training and recruitment of staff.
Work effectively and in a professional manner with IT and college staff.
Training and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field and seven years of experience including three years as a Programmer/Analyst and five years of database design experience.
Range 16 ($8,130.06- $13,003.86) per month based on the current Management Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the Management Employees Handbook. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.