Website San Bernardino Community College District
Salary: $121,328.00 – $164,513.00 Annually
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Department: Social Science
Job Number: 00986
3/17/2023 4:30 PM Pacific
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job; however, any additional duties will be reasonably related to this class.
The Director of MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Achievement), under the general direction of the assigned administrator, plans, coordinates, implements, and oversees a comprehensive program supporting MESA students for the college with an emphasis on reducing equity gaps within STEM education. The MESA Program Director provides a vision and leadership in a multicultural environment, implements plans for student development, leadership, and curricular excellence; creates a coordinated program of activities and events to meet the needs of the current and future diverse student populations pursuing STEM degrees. The Director of MESA also directs activities, performs a variety of professional, administrative, and programmatic work in support of assigned programs including serving as a liaison to, coordinating with, and providing high level administrative support and staff assistance to district staff, boards, committees, and outside agencies. In addition, the director provides leadership with organizational, operational, and structural functions of public and/or private post-secondary institutions; works independently and takes initiative in carrying out assignments. The MESA Program Director is also responsible for ensuring student eligibility, that student contractual agreements are met, maintains program records, coordinates evaluation of program activities and accomplishments, participates in MESA training, evaluation, and other activities, and works to ensure the successful implementation of the program.
For more information on the tasks and responsibilities of this position, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3919214
QUALIFICATIONS The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
• Operational characteristics, services, and activities of assigned program areas.
• Principles and practices of program development and administration.
• Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
• Principles and practices of student development and student personnel administration.
• California Community College philosophy and mission.
• Title 5 regulations and Education Codes related to the area.
• Principles of group dynamics and intermediate leadership development training.
• Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
• Methods and techniques of technical, administrative, and financial report preparation and presentation.
• Principles and practices of contract administration.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations and funding sources.
• Oversee and participate in the management of a comprehensive program for a college that includes a series of interrelated projects or functional areas of significant depth and complexity.
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and evaluate assigned programs.
• Plan, schedule, and review the work of assigned staff.
• Advise and direct students and staff in various organizational activities.
• Provide leadership and advisement to all aspects of the program area.
• Instruct leadership workshops.
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences or proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
• Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
• Participate in the preparation and administration of budgets.
• Interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations related to various funding sources.
• Work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in any STEM related field (physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer science, earth and spatial sciences, or the equivalent)
• One year of teaching experience at the college level.
• Experience that indicates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel.
License or Certification:
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
• Hours of work may not coincide with the hours of normal campus activity. Some weekend and evening work required.
For Full Job Description and To Apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3919214
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.