Modesto Junior College
Modesto Junior College
Grant Writer – Instruction Office
Salary: 2021-2022 Management Salary Schedule: Range 23: $5,403-$6,858 -Doctoral Stipend is provided for an earned doctorate: $2,628 per year ($219 per month). New appointees with no previous out-of district management experience will be placed at Step A.
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 11:59pm.
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: https://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/5555
Under general administrative direction, manages and coordinates grant activity for the College, including ensuring compliance with all internal policies and procedures, reviewing and assisting with grant proposals (writing, editing, data gathering), reviewing grant reports, communicating with funding agencies, and monitoring overall contract compliance.
This is the working level class for Grants administration within the YCCD. Incumbents in this class perform complex, advanced level duties associated with grant writing, administration and compliance. Incumbents work independently to coordinate the operational needs of College grant activity.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general administrative direction from the Vice President of Instruction or designee. Incumbents plan and/or determine specific procedures required to meet assigned objectives and solve non-routine problems, referring only unusual matters to the manager. Incumbents in this class may directly supervise other full-time employees in their assigned unit and use advanced professional knowledge of grant compliance and administration to make decisions and coordinate assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The combination of education, experience, and/or training that would likely provide the above required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. The pattern that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities is:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, business, accounting, public administration, or related field
- Experience: Two years of progressively responsible experience in grant compliance and grant administration, preferably in an academic or public sector setting.
- Principles, techniques and guidelines relative to grants, contract administration, and subcontracting processes
- State and Federal rules, regulations, laws and statutes relating to grants
- Resources for identifying grant funds, as well as existing grant sources
- Effective grant management; including generally accepted accounting principles and terminology, and auditing principles and practices related thereto
- Leverage grants to promote equitable and inclusive program design and development
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Write and develop effective applications and presentations
- Use appropriate computer software to produce reports, presentations, and other written documents
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules and regulations relating to grants and grant development
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with on-campus and community constituents
- Multi-task and work towards several objectives simultaneously on tight deadlines
- Work independently and make decisions affecting grant programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Illustration only)
- Cultivates appropriate grant opportunities for the College and assists in the completion of grant proposals, submissions, and reporting.
- Analyzes, interprets and applies Federal, State, Local Government, and private funders’ statues, rules, and regulations regarding grant administration, and implements related district-wide processes.
- Coordinates grants information with Grants Compliance Officer at Central Services.
- Monitors in-kind obligations
- Ensures compliance with agency requirements regarding vendors, purchasing regulations, equipment inventory and closing documents
- Ensures proper monitoring and oversight controls are in place for Grants, Memorandums of Understanding, processes award documents, draft sub-agreements, and similar documents
- Verifies compliance with the Uniform Grants Guidance and adherence to Federal, State and Local policies and procedures
- Coordinates grant activity within the College; reviews grant proposal submission, budgets, contracts, reports, and other grant-related documents for accuracy, thoroughness, contract compliance, and adherence to all timelines.
- Maintains registration for Federal/State grantor websites, passwords/passcodes, eligibility status, Indirect Cost Rate agreement with the Controller and related administrative functions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in support of grant project directors within the College relating to eligible uses of grant funds, budget revisions, extension requests, program amendments, and contract compliance and regulation interpretation.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings among multiple project directors to coordinate grant pursuits and ensure appropriateness of funding opportunities
- Develops and updates local Grants Manual and grant-related forms to facilitate the grants process and provide support to grant project directors.
- Facilitates grants approvals process, including preparing reports to the Board of Trustees and ensuring grant pre-approval forms are completed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with funding agencies and grant program officers.
- Oversees maintenance of automated database to track all categorical and competitive grant funds at the College.
- Oversees Grants webpage, including developing materials posted on site, and reviewing content and design.
- Monitors and reviews Time and Effort documentation.
- Conducts grant compliance training for existing and potential grant project directors participants.
- Reviews grant notification memos to check for accuracy and compliance with grant contract/agreement before they are sent to project directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is generally performed in a standard office environment.
- Work may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
To apply for this job please visit yosemite.peopleadmin.com.