San Joaquin Delta College
Manager of Custodial and Grounds
Custodial and Grounds
Custodial and Grounds
Salary Range: $74,562 – $89,030 per year
Application Deadline: October 9 at 8:59 PM PST
Responsible for the overall management and oversight of the District’s custodial and grounds maintenance programs and personnel coordinate the custodial aspects of evening and weekend use of District’s facilities; provide technical input regarding new, complex or unusual grounds maintenance situations; determine priorities for assigned crews and equipment; and order supplies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives general direction from the Director of Facilities Planning and Management.
• Incumbents work within a broad framework of standard procedures and objectives.
• Incumbents in this classification direct, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work assigned staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Establish priorities, organize, schedule, coordinate, and supervise the custodial and grounds maintenance operations.
• Coordinate the inspection and review of District’s grounds and landscaped areas and take appropriate corrective action to ensure against safety hazards and improper maintenance and to ensure that a standard of cleanliness is maintained for District facilities.
• Coordinate with District managers relative to the maintenance, care and cleaning of District facilities, the assignment of personnel and the preparation of activity schedules and calendars.
• Oversee the assessment of the grounds and landscaped areas and determine pruning, irrigation, and fertilization needs, as well as weed, insect and pest control activities.
• Arrange for, train, and instruct substitute personnel in the performance of cleaning and facility maintenance functions.
• Assist with the design and layout of sprinkling systems, athletic fields and other grounds modifications.
• Test custodial supplies and equipment and make recommendations for acquisition.
• Participate in the review, selection and approval of annual custodial and grounds materials, supply and equipment requisitions.
• Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of orientation and in-service training activities for custodial and grounds maintenance personnel.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate the long-range facilities and grounds maintenance and cleaning programs.
• Prepare evaluation reports of custodial and grounds personnel and provide technical input relative to the employee performance evaluation process.
• Serve as a liaison to community groups using District facilities and grounds areas.
• Coordinate with District personnel and others regarding deep cleaning activities for flooring and windows, landscaping and grounds construction projects, fencing and fence repair projects.
• Serve as liaison to vendors and contractors providing custodial and grounds related services to the District.
• Assist in the budget planning and expenditure control process.
• Review work orders and major project plans, and aid in the coordination of manpower resources and material allocations.
• Establish schedules for ongoing preventive maintenance and replacement of equipment.
• Perform related other duties and responsiblities, as assigned.
• Industry standards for methods, techniques, supplies, materials, and equipment utilized in a comprehensive facility cleaning and grounds maintenance operation, landscaping, and beautification;
• Procedures, practices and techniques required to repair and maintain a variety of custodial and grounds equipment;
• Requirements for maintaining facilities in a safe, clean and sanitary condition;
• Sprinkler and irrigation systems, landscaping, common trees and shrubs, as well as symptoms of plant diseases and pest infestation;
• Common fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides;
• Principles, methods and techniques of organization and supervision; safe working methods and procedures.
• Supervise and coordinate custodial and grounds maintenance personnel,
• Perform technical grounds and custodial maintenance tasks;
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise a comprehensive cleaning and building maintenance operation;
• Accurately estimate time and materials required in the conduct of a comprehensive custodial and grounds operation;
• Maintain a variety of files and records
• Present clear and concise reports;
• Effectively and safely operate a variety of custodial and grounds maintenance equipment and tools;
• Plan, implement, and administer preventive maintenance programs and activities;
• Perform moderately heavy manual activities;
• Interpret blueprints, landscape plans, drawings, schematics and other technical publications;
• Perform cost analyses and estimate time and materials costs of custodial and grounds projects;
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate degree in a related field from an accredited college or university. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-to-year basis; and
Two (2) years of experience with an AA degree, or four (4) years without an AA degree, in school custodial and grounds maintenance or related work involving custodial operational methods and procedures, turf and landscape maintenance and the use of common fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides, with one (1) year in a leadership or supervisory capacity.
• Valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
• Possession of a license to apply insecticides and herbicides is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit 188.8.131.52.