Kern Community College District
Manager, Human Resources (Cerro Coso Community College)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $90,502.37 – $118,746.95 Annually
Job Number: FY22-23-00037
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Under general direction, manages, supervises, and coordinates assigned human resources activities and operations including for an assigned college or within the District Human Resources Office; coordinates assigned activities with other programs, divisions, departments, and outside agencies; and provides responsible administrative support to District and college managers, administrators, and employees in conformance with applicable laws and District policies, procedures, and practices.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1. Assume management responsibility for assigned human resources services and activities including for an assigned college or within the District Human Resources Office.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned human resources programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
3. Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, within policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
4. Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for assigned staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
5. Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
6. Participate in the development of and oversee the administration of assigned budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments.
To view full list, visit https://apptrkr.com/3978207
Education and Experience Guidelines – Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources management, personnel administration, business or public administration, industrial/labor relation, or a related field.
Three years of increasingly responsible human resources experience.
Two years of administrative or supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Abilities
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
• Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a human resources program.
• Principles, policies, and practices of human resources management including recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, benefits management, risk management, workers compensation, employee/labor relations, and training/employee development.
• Equal Employment Opportunity principles and practices.
• Operational characteristics of human resource information systems.
• Principles and practices of program development and administration.
• Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
• Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
• Conflict resolution principles.
• Negotiation principles and practices.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications.
• Oversee and participate in the management of a human resources program at an assigned college or within the District Human Resources Office.
• Effectively serve as a resource to management staff and employees pertaining to human resources related problems, concerns, and issues.
• Respond tactfully, clearly, concisely, and appropriately to inquiries on sensitive issues in area of responsibility.
• Oversee, direct, and coordinate the work of lower-level staff.
• Select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff.
To view full list, visit https://apptrkr.com/3978207.
SALARY RANGE$ 90,502.37 – $ 118,746.95 annually Maximum Entry Level Salary: $ 95,084.05 annually
All applicants must apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3978207. Emails will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.