Website Kern Community College District
Executive Director Maintenance and Operations (PC)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $116,602.47 – $152,992.54 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY22-23-000072
Location: Porterville, CA
Department: Maintenance & Operations
Under direction of the Vice President, Administrative Services, the Director, M&O plans and manages all functions concerning Maintenance and Operations such as: building maintenance and repair, custodial, grounds, energy management, environmental planning, vehicle fleet, shipping and receiving, space planning, and campus infrastructure projects. The position collaborates with District Facilities for bond capital project design and development, facilities construction, and conservation
- Plan, organize, and direct activities and operations involved in inspection, maintenance and repair of College buildings, grounds, outdoor, and athletic facilities.
- Develop and monitor ongoing preventative and deferred maintenance programs for all major mechanical and electrical systems of the college, as well as for grounds, buildings, athletics facilities, and other areas as required.
- Oversee the collection and disposal of waste materials.
- Serve as the waste conservation manager to ensure compliance with county and state regulations.
- Serves as the primary contact related to internal and external use of facilities logistics.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities and operations involved in cleaning and maintenance of College buildings and facilities, including classrooms, lounges, offices, restrooms, hallways, and athletic facilities; oversee the collection and disposal of waste materials.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure maintenance, construction, and operations do not interfere with student learning and support. Serve on the Administrative Cabinet to support the college’s mission of student learning and achievement. Serve as the co-chair of the College Facilities Committee
- Supervise and oversee the work of maintenance and operations staff.
- Facilitate design through construction, including project development, design, approval, construction, and closeout. Plan and coordinate repair and minor remodeling construction projects; inspects completed projects. Ensure that work complies with applicable codes and standards
- Serve as the campus point of contact to architects, engineers, project and construction managers, inspectors, and construction companies 11. Manage day-to-day operations of facilities including prioritize, process, and assign work orders; assure completion.
- Plan and direct grounds maintenance and landscaping activities for College grounds.
- Research and recommend purchase of new equipment and materials.
- Develop and administer annual plans and budgets related to areas of assignment.
- Manage installation, maintenance, and repair projects in electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and painting; oversee the troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of equipment; and assure preventive maintenance and proper replacement of equipment, parts and components.
- Establish and maintain periodic inspection program of buildings and facilities to assure compliance with applicable fire, safety, security, and sanitary codes and regulations.
- Design, layout, and maintain a building keying system of all campus buildings and maintain a current master keying record on all keys issued. 18. Select, supervise, train, and evaluate College trades, maintenance, grounds, and custodial staff.
- Develop and coordinate in-service training programs for Maintenance and Operations personnel.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Assist and support coordination of facilities planning and construction.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with emphasis in civil or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Three years’ experience in responsible leadership positions.
- Increasingly responsible, successful experience involving building and grounds maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Mission of the California Community Colleges and community college programs.
- Project management.
- Principles of budget control and personnel management.
- Current best practices in preventative maintenance, deferred maintenance, energy management and conservation.
- Understanding of the California Division of State Architect (DSA) and Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) guidelines
- Operations and activities involved in a comprehensive facilities maintenance program including grounds inspection, cleaning, maintenance and repair of college buildings, facilities, and utilities.
- Methods and techniques used in general cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances regulations and health and safety requirements.
- Pool and athletic facility servicing.
- Work order software, comprehensive facility management software and Microsoft Excel.
- Interpret laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to construction, remodeling, procurement, health, and safety.
- Formulate policy and procedures.
- Compile clear, accurate reports.
- Coordinate/facilitate meetings.
- Establish and control budgets.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop a preliminary budget and maintain expenditures within budget.
- Effectively supervise staff.
- Plan, organize, and direct operations involved in inspection, cleaning, maintenance and repair of college building and facilities.
SALARY RANGE: $116,602.47 – $152,992.54 annually
Maximum Entry Level Salary: $122,505.47 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by September, 2022 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references – Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your online application.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3402958. Emails will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.