Website Kern Community College District
Program Director, Nursing/Allied Health (COF)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $90,502.37 – $118,746.95 Annually
Job Number: FY21-22-00666
Location: Bakersfield, CA
This position is contingent on funding.
The Program Director is responsible to the assigned Vice President or assigned supervisor, and has broad accountability, within the participatory governance framework, for planning, directing and evaluating assigned functions associated with maintaining quality academic and student services programs.
- Interpret and administer District policy regarding assigned program(s).
- Interpret and administer College policy with respect to student centered educational services. Plan, implement, and evaluate short and long-range strategies, goals, and objectives related to assigned program(s).
- Review, assess and evaluate assigned programs and services; recommend and implement approved plans and policies to facilitate and improve outcomes, operations and programs within areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership in generating staff development opportunities for support staff.
- Provide assistance in recruitment, selection, orientation, and evaluation of support staff in assigned program(s).
- Supervise and coordinate department planning and operations; personnel supervision, including development and evaluation of all support staff.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the annual plans and budgets expenditures.
- Act as liaison with District, State, and federal governing bodies regarding assigned programs and practices.
- Market the College and assigned programs to the College community and the general public.
- Serve on College and District committees as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Master’s degree in an academic area related to assignment.
• Five years of full-time experience in administration, including at least three years of leadership experience reasonably related to the administrative assignment.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
• State and Federal codes, statutes and regulations that govern California community college student developmental and instructional services (or their equivalents) including:
o Pertinent sections of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations pertaining to student developmental, curriculum and institutional services.
o Pertinent sections of California Education Code.o California State Chancellor’s Office (Systems Office) legal opinions and advisories.
o Federal regulations pertaining to the Family Educational Rights and Protection Act.
• Microsoft Office Word/Excel
• Principles of student development administration at the community college level; leadership and management principles and techniques.
• The mission of the California Community College; community college and instructional programs, regulations and policies; principles of employer employee relations; and principles in the administration of personnel services.
• Computer operations/data processing systems.
• Accounting, budgeting and fiscal reporting. Ability to:
• Work as part of a management team dedicated to collaboration and the college goal of integrating instruction and/or student services as a way to create and maintain a supportive student-learning environment.
• Exercise group leadership skills, which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving in an environment of shared governance
• Use effective written communication, including reporting and funding proposal reports, etc.
• Effectively interact with persons of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Apply legal and policy provisions to various problems consistently and correctly.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and helping working relations with students, staff and community agencies to meet the needs of students.
SALARY RANGE$ 90,502.37 – $ 118,746.95 annually Maximum Entry Level Salary: $95,084.05 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 3, 2023 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of five (5) professional references – Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3775635. Emails will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.