Kern Community College District
Director of Human Resources
Kern Community College District
Salary: $123,791.08 – $162,424.61 Annually
Job Number: FY22-23-00828
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Department: Human Resources
Under administrative direction of the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources, plans, directs, manages, supervises, and oversees the daily activities and operations of the District’s Human Resources function including recruitment and employment, classification and compensation, performance management, training, HRIS, and employee relations; coordinates assigned activities with other departments, divisions, and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1. Assume management responsibility for the District’s core Human Resources services and activities; coordinates the day-to-day operations of core Human Resources functions including recruitment and selection, equal employment opportunity and diversity compliance and administration, ADA compliance, classification and compensation, personnel processing and recordkeeping, performance management and recognition, training, HRIS, and employee relations and contract administration.
2. Manage and participate the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned areas and programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
3. Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend appropriate service and staffing levels; allocate resources accordingly.
4. Assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes.
5. Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for assigned functions and staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience Guidelines – Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources management, personnel administration, business or public administration, industrial/labor relation, or a related field.
Six years of increasingly responsible human resources experience including three years of management and administrative responsibility involving program planning, assessment, implementation, and evaluation.
Knowledge and Abilities
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
• Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive human resources program.
• Principles, policies, and practices of human resources management including recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee/labor relations, and employee and organizational development.
• Methods and techniques of collective bargaining and labor relations in the public sector.
• Principles and applications of recruitment and equal employment opportunity.
• Operational characteristics of human resource information systems.
• Oversee and participate in the management of a comprehensive human resources management program.
• Oversee, direct, and coordinate the work of lower level staff.
• Select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff.
SALARY RANGE$123,791.08 – $ 162,424.61 annually Maximum Entry Level Salary: $130,058.00 annually
To view the complete description and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3929704. Emails will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.