Website Kern Community College District
Interim Associate Vice Chancellor Career Education & Workforce Development
Kern Community College District
Salary: $142,995.65 – $187,622.69 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY-2223AVC
Location: Bakersfield, CA
The Associate Vice Chancellor, Career Education and Workforce Development, reports directly to the Vice Chancellor, Workforce and Economic Development (WED), and provides management and support for the Career Education and Workforce Development programs and initiatives throughout the District. Other responsibilities will be assigned by the Vice Chancellor or Chancellor and may not be directly related to Career Education or Workforce and Economic Development.
Provide oversight and direction for the Central Valley/Mother Lode Regional Consortium (CRC), ensuring alignment and compliance with the workforce development framework, mission, and vision of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO).
Provide leadership and responsibility for the cultivation of regional collaborative communities so that practitioners and/or faculty are deeply engaged in the region’s priority and emergent sectors.
nder the direction of the Vice Chancellor, WED provide management and support for the district’s workforce and economic development programs and initiatives to assure the viability and legality of the programs, improve systems, maintain established academic and legislative standards, maximize career education opportunities for students and facilitate workforce development in the many communities served by the Kern Community College District.
Assist the Vice Chancellor in managing the effective execution and procurement and management of regional, state, national and district-wide workforce and economic development grants and categorical programs.
Manage assigned Directors and Managers and other program staff in the development of grants, categorical programs, not-for-credit, non-credit and college curriculum development as appropriate.
Request and review institutional research and evaluate student and program outcomes in Career Education areas.
Provide semi-annual reports that identify current student outcomes, regional and local labor market information, local and regional demographic information, and other relevant data related to KCCD’s service area and the central motherlode region.
Assist the Vice Chancellor, WED, in the facilitation of district-wide strategic planning processes for CTE funded programs and ensure alignment with statewide and regional strategic plans, goals, and metrics.
Evaluate and make recommendations to the Vice Chancellor ad college administration regarding improvements to Career Education programs, standards, policies, and procedures within the parameters of state and federal laws to meet District goals.
Coordinate with, and leverage efforts of other regional, statewide, and federal stakeholders to identify and connect priority sector needs and resources leading to outcomes that directly or indirectly improve student success and workforce wage gain.
Facilitate the development of community workforce programs that serve underserved populations through innovative practices to achieve both District and state goals.
Represent the district at public functions, on advisory boards, and/or committees as assigned.
Prepare agenda items for the Board of Trustees, which relate to (a) general District policy recommendations and (b) workforce & economic development.
Initiate, plan, organize, and conduct meetings, seminars, and training programs relating to workforce and economic development.
Assist the Vice Chancellor, WED to Interpret and ensure compliance with state and federal labor laws, IRS regulations, and Ed Code, Title 5, and KCCD rules and processes regarding the use of employees and contractors.
Oversee the development and functionality of relevent WED local and regional website(s), ensure appropriate evaluation and management of content and performance, and appropriate updates to website content.
Supervise and direct assigned employees, including performance reviews.
Resolve or assist in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
File annually with the Vice Chancellor, WED, a report of activities for the year.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor, WED
• Master’s Degree from an accredited College/University
• Five years of full-time experience in teaching and/or administration, including at least three years of college-level administrative leadership experience
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic culture, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees
• Earned Doctorate from an accredited Institution
• Community College Faculty and Administrative experience
Knowledge and Abilities
• Principles of management, supervision, and training.
• Current practices/issues in economic & workforce development.
• State and federal laws, codes, regulations practices, and issues affecting economic & workforce development programs.
• Workforce & Economic development instructional and program development.
• California Community College curriculum development and approval process.
• Budget development, fiscal performance measures, and administration.
• Collaborative strategies for diverse groups/populations.
• Communicating effectively with individual and groups within the campus community as well as external audiences.
• Mission of comprehensive community colleges.
• Interpret laws, rules, and regulations affecting community colleges; to formulate policies and procedures; to compile clear, accurate statistical reports and surveys; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to coordinate/facilitate meetings; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Provide leadership, stimulate cooperation and collaboration of instructional staff and participate in professional organizations in economic & workforce development; assist in the administration of the economic & workforce development programs; supervise, evaluate, and assist assigned personnel; cooperate effectively with vocational advisory committees, College committees, and accrediting and licensing agencies.
• Embrace and work effectively within a system of participatory governance in a multi- campus environment.
• Facilitate change in a productive and positive manner.
• Conduct institutional research, and to prepare and administer grants.
• Effectively represent the District in the community.
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 23, 2023 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or re initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. https://www.kccd.edu/human-resources/discrimination-free-work-environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3818541. Emails will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.