Website Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Director, Facilities and Maintenance
Initial Closing Date: 02/14/23*, but open until filled*
*For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date. Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
Full Salary Range: $143,181.18 – $201,470.31 annually**
**Actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience (Customary Hiring Range: $143,181.18 – $157,857.25 annually). In addition, candidates with verified educational units beyond the minimum qualification may qualify for additional pay, up to $564 per contract month.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Foothill – De Anza Community College District, composed of two colleges and an education center, is one of the top performing districts in both California and the United States, and one of the largest, ranking seventh in size among the state’s 72 districts, serving more than 58,500 students per year and with an operating budget of $180M unrestricted general fund. Consistent with its mission, the District has a strong commitment to equity and inclusion and incorporates those values in its policies, procedures, and operations, and in its leadership and service to students and the community. Publicly supported and locally oriented, the District fills an essential role in workforce development, continuing education, and skills preparation to meet the changing demands of the highly diverse surrounding population and business communities. The District’s students and more than 2,000 faculty and staff enjoy an unparalleled quality of life in an ideal climate, with physically pristine and fiscally sound campuses that have earned their reputation for academic excellence.
Foothill – De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Facilities and Operations, plans, coordinate and supervise District maintenance and operations. Duties include day-to-day responsibility for the effective maintenance and operation of all facilities on the Foothill College (which includes District Services) and the De Anza College campuses.
NATURE and SCOPE:
The Director of Facilities and Maintenance supervises the activities of the skilled craftsmen and office staff, including active involvement in, and responsibility for, hiring, training, promotion, appraisal and disciplinary actions. This position supervises and confers with maintenance personnel regarding methods and procedures of work, and supplies and equipment requirements; ensures appropriate response to users’ needs, and budget limitations. Reviews, maintains and provides continual improvement of the District’s computerized work order and charge-back system. This position works with Maintenance Supervisors in assigning approved work orders to appropriate crafts, such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, ventilating, electrical, air conditioning and auto mechanics.
The Director of Facilities and Maintenance ensures that work is accomplished in a timely manner; inspects completed work; monitors routine and small construction projects, maintains schedules for construction projects, and initiates schedule changes as necessary; selects contractors and vendors; inspects work as needed; inspects buildings and utility distribution systems, identifies maintenance and repair requirements, and prepares work requests to accomplish work; administers terms and conditions of bargaining unit contracts.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to:
• Ensure that Facilities and Maintenance operations run smoothly by overseeing the two maintenance supervisors; ensure that trades are assigned their daily work orders; determine the need for maintenance and repairs; ensure that the general maintenance plans are followed and plan and schedule work.
• Prepare scope and facilitate in obtaining maintenance and repair contracts for those work that is outside of the scope or knowledge of District tradespeople.
• Establish and administer facilities and maintenance related budgets; ensure that inventories are appropriately maintained.
• Assure compliance with the District’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program by providing motivation, feedback and, when necessary, discipline, to assigned staff; maintain a safe work environment by enforcing District safety guidelines and work practices, reporting and investigating accidents, maintaining necessary documentation, and requiring employees to receive mandated training.
• Monitor routine and small construction projects, maintain schedules for construction projects, and initiate schedule changes as necessary. Select contractors and vendors, per District, State and Federal guidelines, and work with architects and other consultants. Inspect work as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field or equivalent and five years of progressively responsible experience in maintenance and construction work, at least three years of which must include supervisory responsibility for the work of journeyman tradesmen.
• Public construction experience
For a complete description & to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3771342
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.