Director of Marketing & Public Relations – President’s Office
Salary: 2022-2023 Management Salary Schedule: Range 32: $7,334-$9,318 -Doctoral Stipend is provided for an earned doctorate: $2,736 per year ($228 per month). New appointees with no previous out-of district management experience will be placed at Step A.
Closing Date: Friday, February 10th, 2023 at 11:59 P.M.
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: https://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/5802
Under general direction of the President of Columbia College manages, plans, supervises and coordinates the operations and activities of the College’s overall marketing and public relations program; provides information to the public regarding the college’s activities through social media, news releases and various forms of advertising; supervises and coordinates the development of all college marketing functions and materials which may include supervision of technical and support staff; provides consultation to the college executive leadership in proprietary and confidential matters regarding public relations and marketing and perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general administrative direction from the President of Columbia College.
Provides direct supervision to technical and administrative support staff, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would
provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
•Education: Bachelor’s Degree with a major in marketing, English, journalism, mass
communications, communication arts, advertising, or closely related field.
•Experience: 3 years’ experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or the
equivalent, preferably with some experience in a community college setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Principles and practices applicable to an effective community college marketing, advertising and public relations program that promote communication strategies to reach a diverse community and student population.
• Communication principles, media, and public relations techniques.
• Strong knowledge of social media for professional use.
• Local news media operations
• Preparation of marketing materials, journalistic techniques, and public speaking
• Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
• Demographics of target markets for students and how to communicate effectively with diverse student populations.
• Effective writing techniques and journalistic skills
• Establish and implement cohesive marketing and public relations strategies and plans on an institutional basis.
• Understand and support the mission, goals, and objectives of a higher education, Hispanic Serving, institution.
• Examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures as it relates to marketing and public relations
• Demonstrate interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
• Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
• Strong knowledge of local and regional media contacts and/or a proven ability to develop such relationships quickly.
• Provide counsel on strategic and/or critical communication issues and exercise effective judgement to impart information to the media and other internal and external audiences.
• Write executive-level communications for internal and external audiences.
• Understand latest trends, technologies and methodologies in branding, marketing, graphic design, web design and organizational communication designed to reach a diverse group of constituents
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Initiate and oversee the establishment of integrated strategies, plans, and programs designed to ensure that all communication and public relations efforts are cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the mission and advancement goals of the college.
• Plans, develops, directs, and coordinates comprehensive marketing and public relations programs, to include social media, media, public affairs and publications, in close collaboration with other institutional divisions.
• Provides direct and proactive advice, consultation, and assistance to executive leadership, as well as the campus community regarding marketing and public information.
• Research information and develop messages to provide public relations messages.
• Serves as the designated spokesperson for the college, if applicable.
• Coordinates surveys, evaluations and assessments of external marketing and communications activities in order to determine the effectiveness of the college’s marketing and communications plans.
• Assures quality and appropriateness of institutional marketing and communication programs and initiatives, whether internally or externally produced.
• Represents the college to the internal and external college community.
• Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and implements changes required for improvement as it relates to marketing and public relations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Yosemite Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit yosemite.peopleadmin.com.