Napa Valley College
Napa Valley College Foundation (NVCF)
Annual Giving Manager
Purpose: The Annual Giving Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for planning and implementing a program of annual giving. Primary responsibilities and relationships with other people in the institution are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop overall short- and long-range plans for annual giving, set goals and objectives in line with the annual giving plan.
• Create all the component parts relating to annual giving and supervise the implementation and distribution of such plans and materials.
• Manages all Salesforce and Click & Pledge activities for online campaign management, donor tracking and list segmentation for targeted campaigns.
• Manages Salesforce database, runs regular reports, participates in weekly Salesforce calls and trainings.
• Organize and manage all aspects and segments of annual giving including direct mail, online giving and personal visits.
• Create communications plan those positions and promotes the annual giving program with the institution’s various constituencies.
• Participate in writing and updating of Foundation website.
• Write all Annual Fund campaign materials including appeal letters, brochures, and Annual Impact
• Manage print, content and creation of Annual Impact Report and other campaign materials.
• Assist with the solicitation of leadership gifts from key volunteers and selected prospects.
• Manage annual stewardship correspondence with constituents and oversee acknowledgment of gifts.
• Manage special fundraising events, including an annual holiday event and President’s Circle receptions.
• Manage a reporting system to provide analysis of the effectiveness of the program on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Enters relevant donor information and pull reports from Salesforce for campaign activities and monthly reconciliation with NVCF’s bookkeeper.
• Coordinates mailing lists and materials for NVCF’s annual campaign, including a schedule of 3-4 mailings per year.
• Assists with Foundation’s cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans and activities.
• Oversee Development Committee activities including taking meeting minutes and coordinating follow up with committee contacts.
• Design and conduct mass solicitation programs via direct mail, call center and online giving. Ensure gifts of this nature are renewed; implement monthly giving and mid-level donor programs; work in coordination with Foundation staff to ensure donors are properly recognized.
• Plan and manage crowdfunding campaigns including project solicitation and selection, content gathering, campaign strategy, and training.
• Runs reports and compiles NVCF’s major donor spreadsheet, including prospects.
• Run regular reports from Salesforce for Executive Director to track fundraising goal progress and assist with preparing reports for the Board.
• Assists with Wine Education Center capital campaign activities including special events, donor prospecting, production of campaign materials and management of solicitation activities.
• Prepares NVCF e-mail newsletters in Mail chimp for donors and contacts.
• Manages guest list and donor communications for special events.
• Manages Alumni Giving Program.
• Runs regular reports from Salesforce for goal tracking and updating the dashboard for board reporting.
Knowledge Required: Extremely important are the knowledge and ability to create, execute and/or support, and oversee a comprehensive annual giving plan, as well as:
• Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and balance multiple concurrent priorities.
• Demonstrate analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
• Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
• Must have strong writing and editing skills.
• Must also be detail-oriented, well-organized, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required as is a minimum of five years of experience, preferably in higher education (or a non-profit organization or Foundation), in annual giving, development, advancement services or related field.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
About the NVC Foundation: The Napa Valley College Foundation was founded in 1968 to increase community awareness and provide financial support for the Napa Valley College and its students. The Foundation provides student scholarships and funding for College programs, including instructional equipment, capital projects, student support services and more. The Board of Directors includes professional, business and philanthropic leaders, who have a dedicated interest in the College and its students.
If you are interested in helping grow the Foundation’s culture of philanthropy to support the Napa Valley
College, please send your cover letter and resume to: Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Jessica.email@example.com