Website Yosemite Community College District
Yosemite Community College District
Campus Facilities Manager I/Columbia College, Facilities Planning and Operations
Salary: Management Salary Schedule 2021-2022 Range 31 $6,836 to $8,692 per month. A $2628 per year ($219 per month) Doctoral Stipend is provided for an earned doctorate.
Closing Date: 02/15/2022
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=218230
Under direction, plans, organizes, directs and manages the maintenance, grounds, and custodial operations and activities related to the campus maintenance and safety of Columbia College and District buildings; plans and administers district policies and procedures related to maintenance, grounds and custodial, plans and directs minor construction projects, skilled craft activities, and perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from the Director of Facilities Planning and Operations.
Provides direct and indirect supervision to lower level technical and maintenance operations personnel as assigned.
• Policies, procedures, equipment, materials and supplies related to the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and grounds. The use of tools, equipment, supplies, practices, and methods associated with facilities and grounds maintenance work;
• Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment review and the training of staff in work procedures;
• Applicable safety and health regulations related to maintenance activities; safe work procedures and practices;
• General principles of maintenance, repair and operations of electrical/mechanical systems and equipment and heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment;
• Computer applications, automated work order systems related to the work and various applicable district software programs.
• Effectively use tools, equipment and supplies related to the maintenance, grounds and custodial;
• Ability to interpret building plans and specifications;
• Plan, organize, and direct a program of repair, cleaning and maintenance of facilities; Estimate time and costs of building repairs, alterations and maintenance work;
• Effectively supervise and train staff;
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
Education: Equivalent to AS degree or Certificate in Business Administration, Construction Management, trade skill or related to the area of custodial, maintenance or grounds.
Experience: Three years of increasingly responsible journey level experience in one or more areas of construction, facility maintenance and grounds with at least one year in a lead or supervisory role.
• Manage, lead, plan, supervise and coordinate the operations and activities related to the district’s operations; plan and administer district policies and procedures related to the care and cleanliness of college and district buildings, and support of campus events and activities.
• Manage and prepare regulatory reports relating to inclement weather, inundation plans, fire defense, and departmental safety programs; effectively conduct safety tail gate meetings for staff.
• Develop specifications for work to be completed in collaboration with Director; participate in the development of tasks and plans.
• Develop work schedules; schedule overtime assignments; plan work activities; inspect work; recommend improved methods and changes, as appropriate.
• Assist in the training, coordination and scheduling of staff for recycling, managing campus wide recycling activities and energy conservation programs.
• Plan and organize hazardous waste removal districtwide; environmental testing districtwide, quarterly chemical disposal activities and oversight of manifests relating to environmental activities.
• Manage the maintenance warehouses, warehouses inventory and safety data sheets (SDS) department wide.
• Assist in development and preparation of the Education Master Plan (EMP); CEOP plan; Universal Hazardous Waste plan; Healthy Schools Act for Columbia College; and Athletic plans as assigned.
• Establishes and monitors supply and equipment inventories for the department; tests new equipment; researches and recommends major acquisitions, as needed.
• Perform periodic inspections of buildings for maintenance and repair, safety, ADA compliance and conformity with fire regulations; establish work priorities based on inspections. Schedule long-range facility cleaning and related maintenance programs.
• Supervise, train and evaluate personnel; supervise staff training; prepare evaluation reports; review and discuss staff requirements and performance with employees.
• Receive and respond to emergency calls related to maintenance.
• Plan and direct minor construction projects; review plans and specifications for maintenance and repair work done by contractor; suggest changes; coordinate, schedule and provide quotes and estimates.
• Prepare a variety of reports, records, files and correspondence related to maintenance functions; review completed contract work for acceptability; participate in the development of tasks and plans.
• Work cooperatively with all departments; establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
• Operate a computer to access electronic work order system, state programs, keying system, and other District programs
• Attend meetings; participate on committees and/or task forces as assigned.
• Perform other related duties.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work generally involves both indoor/outdoor work environments with some exposure to environmental extremes.
Licenses and Certificates
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
When driving a district vehicle, a valid California driver’s license and evidence of appropriate automobile insurance based on DMV regulations may be requested.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit 220.127.116.11.