Website Chabot / Las Positas College
Chabot / Las Positas College
Program Manager, Tri-Valley Career Center
Salary: $92,915 – $110,352/annual
Closing Date: 03/10/21
Location: District Office, Dublin, CA
To apply, please submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: https://clpccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1922
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Program Manager, Tri-Valley Career Center for the District in Pleasanton, California. This position reports to the District Executive Director of Economic Development and Contract Education.
Under the direction of District Executive Director of Economic Development and Contract Education of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, manage and direct the activities and operations of Tri- Valley Career Center and Special Programs/Services including programs such as the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public, and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the management. Some evening, weekend, and travel maybe required.
The Program Manager, Tri-Valley Career Center shall be selected by the Governing Board upon the nomination of the District Chancellor.
This administrative class specification is not necessarily all-inclusive in terms of duties and responsibilities.
This is a grant/categorically funded position. Continuation of this position is contingent upon available funding on a year to year basis.
The Program Manager shall:
- Attend and participate in required Alameda County Workforce Development Board meetings;
- Manage and direct the organization, staffing, fiscal, and operational activities of the Tri-Valley Career Center;
- Direct, coordinate, and resolve problems; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures;
- Maintain and submit required documentation to Alameda County Workforce Development Board (ACWDB);
- Prepare staff assignments, oversee scheduling, complete performance evaluations, approve conference requests, and support staff development activities;
- Develop monthly schedules for staff and partners;
- Meticulously manage expenditures of the Tri-Valley Career Center as well as approving purchase requisitions, monthly timesheets, invoices, and bill payments;
- Monitor, reconcile, and adjust budget in a daily/weekly/monthly basis and/or as appropriate with the District and County of Alameda;
- Be responsible for funding allocations, seeking and writing grants;
- Be responsible to answer, clarify, or correct findings during financial, fiscal, and program audits;
- Be responsible for implementing tracking systems including training staff members and peers;
- Write grant proposals and establish cooperative linkages and partnerships within the community to foster the importance of integrating education and employment training systems;
- Support leadership in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Tri-Valley Career Center programs;
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Workforce Development;
- Provide training for intake, tracking and case management system;
- Maintain and administer the Tri-Valley Career Center website;
- Develop resume and letter writing workshops, interviewing skills, exploring the job market, etc.;
- Coordinate and implement special events including employer forums, on-site recruitment activities, job fairs, and dislocated worker rapid response activities;
- Keep staff up to date with labor market information and possible vocational career options;
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Career Counseling, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, English, or related field. Three years of managing experience, three years of budget experience including allocation of funds, forecasting, monitoring, reconciling, and adjusting budget as appropriate, and three years of working experience with dislocated workers, adults, and youths.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Managing experience and budget knowledge including allocation of funds, forecasting, monitoring, reconciling, and adjusting budget as appropriate;
- Demonstrate experience in working with dislocated workers, adults, and youths;
- Knowledge of MS Office at intermediate to advance level;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities;
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining a professional composure;
- Proactive approach to workplace collaboration and problem-solving;
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks;
- Extremely tactful and diplomatic when interacting with people; exercise good judgment;
- Knowledge of federal and state government employment programs.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or related field preferred.
- Skills working with a diverse multi agency team highly desirable.
- Enthusiastic, client-centered, creative, articulate, and well organized.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Ability to read, understand, explain and apply complex local, state, and/or federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) certified.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with limited travel to attend meetings and conferences.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to various locations; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
To apply for this job please visit clpccd.peopleadmin.com.