Website Modesto Junior College
Modesto Junior College
Director of the Library & Learning Center, Library & Learning Center
Salary: Management Salary Schedule 2021-2022 Range 36: $7,931 to $10,076/monthly salary Doctorate degree monthly salary: $8,150-$10,295 1. New appointees with no previous out-of-district management experience will be placed at Step A.
Closing Date: 12/10/2021
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=214120
Under the direction of the Dean of Library & Learning Center (L&LC) or designated administrator, the Director of the Library and Learning Center plans, oversees, and manages the administrative activities and operations of the Library & Learning Centers, including budget management, all pertinent administrative and classified personnel actions, and works closely with deans, faculty and staff from various divisions to increase student success and engagement in college-wide learning activities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXCERCISED
Receives general administrative direction from the Dean of Library & Learning Center or designated administrator. Provides direct supervision to administrative and instructional staff and student employees. May supervise faculty assigned to the Learning Center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of the essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience working with students in a higher education setting
- At least two years of experience supervising and directing the work of subordinate staff
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of student instruction and tutoring
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and academic abilities PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
- Education: Master’s degree in a discipline taught at the college or a master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or instructional psychology, or other master’s degree with emphasis in adult learning theory.
- Experience: One year of experience in a tutoring or teaching position, preferably within a community college setting.
- Experience supervising a tutoring center
- Experience designing and facilitating training for a diverse audience
- Budget planning and development experience
- Knowledge of the California Community College system
- Knowledge of student assessment processes
- Enthusiasm for the learning process
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to listen effectively and appropriately assess student academic needs
- Patience and commitment to positive relationships with students, staff, and faculty
- Vision and energy to plan and organize programs to enhance student success
- Experience managing large groups of employees
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Plan, direct, manage, and assess the activities and operations of the Learning Center, including tutoring, supplemental Instruction (SI), and computer labs
- Direct, supervise and evaluate assigned classified members; may supervise full-time and part-time faculty assigned to the Learning Centers
- Monitor assigned budgets for the Learning Centers
- Provide a comprehensive Tutor and Supplemental Instruction training program, including curriculum development and instruction; may teach Tutor Training classes
- Oversee the management of data systems to collect apportionment i.e. SARS, TRAK; coordinate with the Institutional Researcher to develop data analysis reports; assist with program review and strategic planning
- Attend appropriate conferences, workshops, and trainings, and recommend and assign professional development opportunities for classified staff
- Assist in the administration of all functions and services of the libraries, including staffing, budgets, and planning
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships; participate in meetings, committees and task forces representing the division and advocating for its services
- Recommend high-impact practices in response to State and national trends in higher education
- Other duties as assigned
Licenses and Certificates
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit 18.104.22.168.