Website Modesto Junior College
Modesto Junior College
Director of Admissions & Records – Enrollment Services
Salary: Management Salary Schedule 2019-2020 Range 36: $7,738 to $9,830 per month. Doctorate degree annual stipend $2,562.00. ($231.50 per month)
Closing Date: 09/23/2021
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=206667
Under general administrative direction of the Dean of Special Programs and Enrollment Services, the Director of Admissions and Records provides leadership, directs and coordinates the functions of student admissions, permanent records, transcripts, registration, assessment, graduation and transfer, and attendance accounting. Assures that all aspects, services and functions of the admissions and records components are carried out in accordance with federal, state, district/college laws and policies and procedures, including responsibility for the maintenance, accuracy and confidentiality of student records.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general administrative direction from the Dean of Special Programs and Enrollment Services.
Responsible for policy, procedural, and supervisory decisions; budget recommendations and monitoring; training of staff in all aspects of enrollment services; working closely with District Technology Services; managing programing issues and improvements; and preparing State, federal and other requested and required reports.
• Education: Master’s degree in related discipline; e.g., education planning, business, public administration, or related field.
• Experience: One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to assignment.
• Practices and procedures necessary to administer an effective college Admission and Records office.
• Ability to interpret and apply applicable state, federal and District laws, regulations and policies relating to college admissions and records.
• District organization and functions including student services, financial aid, curriculum and applicable administrative guidelines.
• Educational programs and organizations.
• Record management techniques.
• Data analysis and processing.
• Problem-solve, handle difficult and sensitive issues, and resolve conflicts.
• Communicate and work effectively with campus staff, faculty, administrators, and students in a cooperative, open, and responsive manner.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Exercise sound judgment in the performance of duties.
• Manage diverse groups of staff.
• Motivate staff to achieve common goals and objectives; effectively making change, when necessary.
• Continually improve the efficiency of admission office practice and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong decision making and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate excellent writing, speaking and verbal skills.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Familiarity with the literature on best practices and student success in community colleges.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Plan, direct, manage and oversee the operations of the Modesto Junior College Admissions and Records office.
• Ensure compliance with federal and state legislation, State Educational Code and District Board policies.
• Implement criteria, supervision and evaluation of all full and part-time classified staff.
• Plan, organize and supervise registration processes.
• Set operational hours and meet periodically with staff to review organizational issues, changes to operational policies and state law, and individual performance and assignment progress.
• Collaborate with Student Services managers to meet new college and statewide initiatives, such as the Basic Skills Initiative, Student Equity, and Student Support and Success Program (SSSP) plans.
• Establish and implement a process for systematic program review, including the utilization of results to strengthen related programs.
• Receive and process all academic requirement review petitions.
• Oversee integrated service provision for a large, diverse student population, with special attention to communication and technology enhancements.
• Confer with instructional staff on prerequisites, grading policy and clarity of information in student records, and adjust information through process as necessary.
• Supervise the maintenance and storage of official college records and reports required by federal, state and local programs, with specific attention to assuring accuracy and confidentiality of student records.
• Oversee annual external audit related to enrollment.
• Foster and maintain high standards of service by providing opportunities for professional growth and development of staff in supervised areas.
• Oversee the budget planning and development, expenditure monitoring, and quarterly and year-end expenditure reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certificates
• Possession of valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit yosemite.peopleadmin.com.