Website Lassen Community College District
Lassen Community College District
Susanville, CA 96130
Instructional Services Technician
Salary: $34,503.20 – $41,943.31 Annually
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Facilitates and provides administrative support to the curriculum development and maintenance process. Coordinates curriculum-related meetings, recording discussion and actions. Coordinates and participates in catalog research that produces course descriptions that comply with standards and compare to other institutions.
Education and Experience:
- Requires an Associates Degree and three years of experience working with college publications, matriculation, or related areas.
- Additional progressive secretarial experience may substitute for some higher education.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Requires a working knowledge of the policies and procedures associated with the curriculum development and maintenance process. Requires a thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment, including filing systems, receptionist and telephone techniques, and letter and report writing. Requires a working knowledge of the laws, policies, procedures, and requirements for maintaining an accredited curriculum record. Requires a working knowledge of personal computer based software programs that support this level of work, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, and data entry onto custom data bases. Requires basic skill at facilitating small group decision-making processes. Requires thorough knowledge of those activities associated with statistical record keeping, staff administration, and confidential record keeping. Requires thorough knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and basic arithmetic skills. Requires knowledge of the basic techniques and principles of public relations and communication.
Requires the ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively. Must be able to perform office and secretarial work with speed and accuracy. Must be able to learn, interpret, explain and apply knowledge of College and department organization, operations, programs, functions and special department terminology to relieve an administrator or program director of a variety of administrative detail. Requires the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in order to meet schedules and timelines. Requires the ability to communicate with faculty, students, staff, and the public using patience and courtesy, and in a manner that reflects positively on the department.
Requires sufficient ambulatory ability to reach light-weight work materials. Requires sufficient hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to keyboard at an advanced rate (about 60 w.p.m.); sufficient visual acuity to recognize words letters and numbers. Requires sufficient auditory ability to carry on conversations with individuals and small groups, both in person and on the phone.
- Coordinates and facilitates curriculum development and maintenance meetings. Serves as secretary for all proceedings of curriculum and standards committees. Prepares committee schedules and all materials to facilitate required discussions and actions.
- Processes approved curriculum actions including but not limited to new courses and course modifications.
- Maintains activity logs for all curriculum and course schedule matters, regularly communicating between administration, faculty, admissions, and others involved with course scheduling.
- Provides instruction to faculty and staff on curriculum development, modification, and maintenance procedures and requirements.
- Prepares content for the College’s course catalog. Conducts research of prior descriptions, precedent, standards for transferability, and other colleges to support course content language. Consults with staff and faculty to verify proper description.
- Coordinates with others for printing and distribution of the course catalog.
- Coordinates with other departments on course schedule and related curriculum matters.
- Oversees and participates in updating curriculum descriptions onto automated curriculum processing software. Reviews modifications to course descriptions and outlines for accuracy and conformance with the course objectives.
- Provides advanced secretarial support to administrators and instructors as needed to accomplish the objectives set forth for curriculum maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial Transcripts (Degree Posted)
To apply for this job please visit lassencollege.hiretouch.com.