Website Las Positas College
Las Positas College
Vice President, Student Services
Salary: $154,189 – $183,129/annual
Closing Date: 02/16/21
Location: Livermore, CA
To apply, please submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: https://clpccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1906
The Vice President, Student Services is a management position designated by the Board of Trustees for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. The incumbent is responsible for the satisfactory completion and/or coordination of the listed duties and responsibilities either directly or through administrative review. The incumbent is charged by the Board of Trustees with the satisfactory implementation of board policy and District procedure as applicable to the position. In addition, the incumbent is expected to participate in the formulation of District policies by making appropriate recommendations for the improvements or additions in policy or procedure through his or her reporting authority and/or by serving on District-wide management councils.
The Vice President, Student Services is the Chief Student Services Officer and is responsible for the overall design, organization, delivery, supervision, evaluation, and fiscal management of a comprehensive student services program including admissions and records, counseling and advisement, matriculation, financial aid, veterans’ affairs, assessment, transfer/career center, health services, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), CalWORKs, Quest, course and program articulation, student outreach and recruitment, international student services, community education, student discipline, student grievances, student scholarships, student government and activities, and college marketing. This position reports directly to the College President and works collaboratively with the Vice President, Academic Services and the Vice President, Administrative Services.
The Vice President, Student Services shall:
1. Develop, direct, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the programs, personnel, operations, and activities of all College student services programs and ensure their compliance with District policies, Education Code, and State and Federal regulations;
2. Directly supervise student services administrators;
3. Coordinate the recruitment, selection and orientation of student services faculty and classified staff, and participate in the recruitment and selection of administrative staff ensuring equal opportunity in employment;
4. Oversee the annual budget for all student services operations and the accountability and reporting for categorical expenditures;
5. Assume responsibility for the completion of all necessary State and Federal reports in the area of responsibility;
6. Participate in College strategic planning and program review for services, program and facilities and ensure coordination of financial resources with planning activities;
7. Coordinate the evaluation of all assigned staff and assess the effectiveness of assignments to programs and services;
8. Work closely with information technology systems to ensure the effective use of technology in areas related to student access, support services and student success;
9. In collaboration with College President and Vice Presidents, work closely with institutional research in areas related to over all college planning and specific student services issues;
10. Provide direction and leadership for recruiting students, marketing College programs, and developing outreach programs to enhance cultural diversity serving students with special needs and meet the needs of the community;
11. Maintain liaison with area high schools, colleges and universities and community organizations and agencies whose programs and services may assist in serving students or potential students;
12. Direct and organize special College events such as the annual student recognition ceremony and commencement exercises;
13. Administer the student conduct and due process policy, the student grievance policy, and the drug-free workplace policy;
14. Provide leadership and direction for a staff development program for classified and certificated personnel in the student services area;
15. Coordinate the student diversity and equity programs;
16. Participate in the preparation of grant proposals for external funding;
17. Serve as a member of various District and College committees such as Enrollment Management, College and District Budget Study Groups, and Institutional Planning and Budget Council;
18. Maintain a close working relationship with the counterpart Vice President, Student Services at the other college(s);
19. Represent the College as the Chief Student Services Officer at state-wide organizations;
20. Serve as an administrative associate to the College President and assume direct responsibility for the College during the absence of the President when assigned;
21. Work cooperatively with the Faculty, Classified and Student Senates keeping the spirit of shared governance;
22. Implement a process for systematic student services program review and utilize the results and recommendations to strengthen student services programs;
23. Supervise College operations and functions as assigned;
24. Serve as evening/Saturday administrator as required;
25. Develop and maintain additional student services at off-campus locations as necessary;
26. Assume other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the College President.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s degree required from an accredited institution of higher education; earned doctorate preferred.
Significant full-time administrative experience in the area of student services in post-secondary education, preferably in a community college; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which indicates possession of the knowledge and skills required.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
1. Ability to actualize equity and frame student services in culturally responsive methods and philosophies
2. Commitment to support, respect, and empower the contributions of staff and management.
3. Creates a work environment that values diversity, equity, collaboration, and openness.
4. An innovative thinker who is student centered and demonstrates flexibility, creativity, and a strong desire to collaborate in problem solving.
5. An approachable, inclusive and visible leader and administrator
6. A team builder who demonstrates strong employee relations and encourages professional development in staff and managers.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Experience with management information systems related to student services.
EEO Statement It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
2. Cover Letter
4. Personal Qualifications Statement
1. Other Document
To apply for this job please visit clpccd.peopleadmin.com.