Imperial Valley College
Vice President for Academic Services
Salary: $151,708.00 – $197,950.00 Annually
Job Number: 141
Closing: 2/13/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Imperial, CA
Division: Academics-Academics Services Office
Under the direction of the Superintendent/President, the Vice President for Academic Services serves as the Chief Instruction Officer (CIO) and Accreditation Liaison Officer of the college and is responsible for the overall design, organization, delivery, supervision, evaluation, and fiscal management of a comprehensive instructional program, including general education, transfer programs, career technical and occupational programs, basic skills, non-credit, contract education and community education programs and all learning support areas within the college district. This includes program review and improvement, institutional accreditation and self-evaluation, assessment of student learning and advancement of students’ success, academic personnel decisions, budget development and fiscal accountability, enrollment management, program and curriculum development, and the encouragement and improvement of teaching and learning. As a direct report to the Superintendent/President, the Vice President may be assigned additional related responsibilities as part of the executive management team.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Leads and collaborates with the Instructional Management Team to plan, organize, administer, and evaluate the college’s curriculum, instructional programs, and learning resources / outcomes. Provides strong, dynamic academic and administrative leadership, while fostering a collegial environment which encourages quality teaching, adherence to accreditation standards, and learning excellence.
• Advocates and promotes quality instruction, student success, integrated planning, and the expansion of Student Learning Outcomes to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse community college environment.
• Oversees the faculty evaluation and tenure process Trains, supervises, evaluates, and directs the work of assigned personnel. Facilitates the evaluation of faculty and staff to ensure educational quality and achievement of related goals.
• Provides leadership and oversight for enrollment management strategies, initiatives and efficiencies, including but not limited to: schedule development, monitoring of enrollment trends, program health, and related student registration processes.
• Works collaboratively with the business office to develop, monitor, and modify the Academic budget according to the mission, established procedures, and resource allocation priorities. Participates in the planning of new facilities for the purposes of instruction and learning services.
• Works collegially with the Academic Senate and serves as an Ex-Officio Member of the Senate regarding the planning, implementation and review of academic programs, services, activities and related matters within the purview of the Academic Senate.
• Represents the district as the Chief Instructional Officer at meetings and conferences, serves as district representative on committees, commissions, and other activities, and makes presentations at meetings, workshops and events as assigned.
Please click https://www.imperial.edu/docs/human-resources/job-descriptions/administration/8609-vice-president-for-academic-services/file to view the full job description.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Demonstrated senior administrative level leadership and experience in higher education.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic/racial backgrounds of community college students.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for the position applying for, applicants must submit the required items by the deadline, which include: online IVC application including: cover letter, current resume, and ALL unofficial transcripts (transcripts must show degree was awarded or conferred with a completion date). All attachments will be uploaded into the online application. Applications which do not include all of the required materials will not be forwarded to the screening committee for consideration. Materials submitted become property of the District and will not be returned, copied, or considered for other openings.
Initial salary placement is normally at Range 11 step 1 on the Administrator and Confidential Salary Schedule . Salary is negotiated commensurate with experience through the Board of Trustees with an available annual doctoral stipend of $5,000. An excellent employer/employee paid package of benefits is provided and includes: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Please click https://www.imperial.edu/docs/human-resources/salary-schedules/current-salary-schedules/10728-administrator-and-confidential-salary-schedule-2020-2021-effective-july-1-2020/file to review current salary schedule.
Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2658577
The Imperial Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and will implement a comprehensive program to put those principles into practice. It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, political or organizational affiliation, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The District will strive to achieve a workforce that is welcoming to men, women, persons with disabilities and individuals from all ethnic and other groups to ensure the District provides an inclusive educational and employment environment. Such an environment fosters cooperation, acceptance, democracy and free expression of ideas.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.