Website Contra Costa Community College District
Director of Admissions and Records
Posting Number: 0001496
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $9,757.00 (First Step) — $11,887.00 (Fifth Step)
The Director of Admissions and Records manages all aspects of admissions and records services and operations in compliance with the California Education Code, Title 5 (California Code of Regulations), federal and other California law, and district and college policy.
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes and directs the Admissions and Records Department operations and staff including the application, admission and enrollment processes for students.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and improves procedures for admission and registration of students, residency classification, and attendance accounting. Interprets and analyzes state and federal regulations, the application of current and impending legislation, policies, and procedures to determine impact on program and service areas and to formulate compliance and reporting strategies.
- Coordinates and integrates the functions of Admissions and Records with College programs, services, administration, and governance and provides support for College research, articulation and matriculation efforts.
- Develops and manages the Office of Admissions and Records budget; supervises the collection and control of funds; coordinates fee collection activities.
- Generates reports and data as required by District, state, and federal agencies.
- Monitors and ensures the accuracy and security of data related to student grades, records and transcript evaluation.
- Provides in-service and staff development necessary for office personnel to enhance skills, adapt to new circumstances, and to interact effectively and sensitively with students and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Directs, implements, and evaluates procedures and guidelines for the evaluation and certification of student records for program admissions, degree and certificate eligibility; and supervises the admission and registration of international, out-of-state, and veteran students.
- Maintains comprehensive and current knowledge of the College curriculum; provides consultation and resource support to faculty, managers and staff in regard to regulation and policy; monitors and advises on compliance of curriculum to statutory and policy standards and regulations.
- Serves as College representative, contact and liaison to the District and other colleges in information technology systems and services, computer security and access, telephone and online services and similar matters.
- Participates on College, District, and state committees.
- Evaluates policies and procedures related to collection and maintenance of student records and related information; generates reports and data required by District, state and federal agencies.
- May coordinate graduation activities; provide support for similar ceremonies; chair the College Graduation Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Education/Training: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time increasingly responsible experience in Admissions & Records or other relevant student services experience in a college setting, including three (3) years’ experience in supervisory or other lead role.
Admissions, registration, evaluation of records, enrollment management issues; California Education Code, Title 5 (California Code of Regulations), and other related laws and procedures; principles of public and business administration, office administration, student administrative software systems; budget management; confidentiality and security of student records; principles of supervision.
Direct admissions and records services; interpret and analyze state and federal laws and District and College policies and regulations; train, supervise and evaluate staff; establish departmental standards and objectives; manage budget and supervise collection and control of funds; communicate effectively in written and oral presentations; represent the department, College, and District interests with other colleges, external organizations and on-campus groups; use organizational skills that enable performance of duties in a timely fashion with attention to detail; communicate effectively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, politics, philosophy, disability and religious background of all students, faculty and staff; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse student population and the local community the college serves.
- Demonstrated experience working within a social/racial justice, equity-minded framework and implementation of these concepts in direct services to students.
- Experience providing strong leadership in a dynamic work environment and ability to problem-solve in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to contribute to re-envisioning and leading organizational change.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, program planning, state/federal policy (Title V, CA Ed Code), and evaluation of services through use of data.
- Experience with implementing effective use of technology including student information systems, software applications, and databases to enhance workflow and improve efficiency of services.
Contra Costa College serves about 10,000 students, credit and non-credit, who pursue transfer preparation, career education and foundational skills. The College’s student population reflects its surrounding diverse communities. Serving predominately African American and Latinx students, Contra Costa College is situated in a socioeconomically diverse, resilient and culturally vibrant community. As a proud Hispanic Serving Institution, we seek candidates who embrace our community, our student population, and our central work: strengthening West County by meeting our students where they are and helping them get to where they want to be.
We seek a colleague who operates with a growth mindset, a strength-based approach centered on students, and an unflinching commitment to equity, especially concerning the elimination of barriers to college access, success, and completion. The ideal candidate will be eager to help construct and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in instructional effectiveness, student service, and leadership and social and racial justice.
The Admissions and Records (A&R) Director will oversee all admissions and records functions including but not limited to: grades, rosters, transcripts, transcript evaluations, residency, grade changes (including appeals), veterans certification, VA benefits, and international admissions. The Director will work dynamically with other student services units including the Welcome Center, Financial Aid, Outreach, and Marketing and report to the Dean of Enrollment Services. The Director will also be liaising with academic departments, instructional deans, district IT, and district student services managers in the design, implementation, and maintenance of district-wide A&R procedures and policies while paying attention to equity-minded practices.
Applicants should submit a resume, unofficial transcript indicating your degree is conferred and a cover letter adding the desirable job qualifications.
NOTE: New employees will be placed at the first step which is $ 9,757, second step $10,250 or third step $10,770 per month, depending on experience. Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on an annual basis, until the maximum step of $ 11,887 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
Job Close Date: 5/3/2021
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2206932
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.