Website Calbright College
Director, Digital Strategy
Administration · Remote;
various locations throughout California
Application link: https://apptrkr.com/2201317
Position Type: Full time
Requisition No: 21041
Supervisor: VP of External Affairs, Marketing and Communications
Last Updated: March 2021
Job Purpose: Building and executing an integrated digital marketing approach for Calbright’s prospective students, employers, stakeholders, and partners
Location: Remote, various locations throughout California
The Digital Director is responsible for building and executing integrated digital marketing campaigns for Calbright’s prospective students, stakeholders and partners consistent with the unique and purposeful mission of the college — to provide tangible economic value for working and economically dislocated adults. The Director manages display, social, search engine and programmatic buying, digital marketing operations, content strategy, SEO, user-experience, social media, email, SMS, marketing automation, analytics and optimization.
Reporting to the VP of External Affairs, Marketing, and Communications, the Digital Director serves as a member of the Marketing and Communications team and works in collaboration with Leadership and various departments such as Technology, Student Success, Learning and Instruction, Workforce Strategy & Innovation, and others.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the role and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed within the scope of work:
- Leads display, social, search engine and programmatic ad buying;
- Oversees marketing operations and automation including content strategy, SEO, user-experience analytics and optimization;
- Builds and executes social media, email, SMS campaigns to reach prospective students, employers, stakeholders and partners;
- Analyzes digital media data, identifies trends and insights, and develops recommendations accordingly;
- Drives lead generation campaigns including defining Key Performance Indicators and strategies and managing external partners to execute and meet defined goals.
- Identify relevant digital marketing channels (eg. webinars, social media, paid media) to increase brand awareness and drive enrollment efforts to reach our focus population;
- Perform other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A successful track record building and activating integrated digital content and marketing programs;
- Experience managing social channels and paid social campaigns;
- Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing landscape, tools and techniques for measuring impact and outcomes;
- Flexible, team-oriented, collaborative work style, with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal and external constituents;
- Management experience and ability to clearly communicate priorities and project guidance to direct reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and high proficiency in proofreading;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality results;
- Preferred experience with writing ad copy;
- Proficiency in: GSuite, Zoom, Slack, Asana, and other technology tools and experience managing accounts across Google AdWords, and Analytics; Facebook and Twitter Ad Manager; Salesforce; and Pardot platforms. Basic Photoshop skills preferred;
- Ability to work independently and with others, within and across teams, and be self-motivated;
- Strong skills in using data and supporting others in using data;
- Ability to work with a diverse student population and carry out the daily operation of student engagement activities;
- Experience working in a distributed and/or remote environment;
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, staff and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- 7+ years of experience in a digital marketing role
- 2+ years of management experience
Working Conditions and Travel
- Calbright College is a statewide online college where all instruction and support are done via various online technologies both in person and remotely. Calbright College has administrative offices in Sacramento available for use. When working remotely, employees should be able and willing to use digital communication tools as used by the college, and have the ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Calbright College policies, procedures, and Title IX.
- Calbright College celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing Calbright College’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
- Requires the ability to function in a remote online instructional environment performing work of primarily a sedentary nature. Requires the ability to use hearing and speech to make presentations to groups and carry on conversations over the phone and in-person. Requires speaking skills to communicate with staff and students in one-on-one and small group settings, on the phone, and to distinguish sound prompts from various types of equipment. Requires near visual acuity to read printed materials and computer screens. Requires sufficient hand/arm/finger dexterity to retrieve work materials, operate a personal computer keyboard, and operate standard office equipment. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is performed indoors where minimal safety considerations exist.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Calbright College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Calbright College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Who We Are
Calbright College is one of California’s newest community colleges – the first statewide, online campus designed to bridge the gap between employers with unfilled positions and students who don’t have either the time or money to attend a traditional school. Our mission is to increase economic mobility and close equity gaps for working adults who lack easy access to traditional forms of higher education by offering online, flexible, affordable skills-based programs that provide tangible economic value for both working adults and hiring managers.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.