Website Calbright College
Director of Admissions and Records
Position Type: Full time
Requisition No: 210026
Supervisor: Dean of Enrollment Services
Last Updated: November 2020
Job Purpose: Plans, organizes, controls and directs the processes and operations of the Admissions and Records office
Location: Remote, various locations throughout California
Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Services, the Director of Admissions and Records plans, organizes, controls and directs the processes and operations of the Admissions and Records office including admissions, registration, records management, articulation, certificates, transfer and graduation in accordance with state and federal codes and regulations and Calbright College policies and procedures. Responsible for the maintenance and custody of student records. Serves as the departmental expert in technology, including Student Information System, analysis, specifications, modifications, management, testing and training. Trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the role and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed within the scope of work:
• Plans, organizes and directs Calbright College admissions, enrollment, registration and records policy and procedures.
• Establishes, secures, directs and automates the retention/destruction of student records in accordance with Calbright’s guidelines and state and federal regulations.
• Continually investigates and develops ways to improve processes to serve prospective students including solutions to enrollment barriers.
• Disseminates, reviews, maintains and submits instructor records related to attendance and grades.
• Provides up-to-date procedures for academic and attendance accounting regulations to faculty; and ensures collection of faculty data according to prescribed deadlines.
• Establishes and verifies census, drop and withdrawal deadlines in accordance with Title 5 Regulations; develops and prepares appropriate enrollment data and attendance reports as required or requested by Calbright College and the state.
• Coordinates communications, department personnel, and information to meet student enrollment needs.
• Resolves student application, enrollment, registration issues, conflicts and discrepancies in a proper and timely manner.
• Communicates with Admissions and Records end users regarding updates, changes, and all programming in the student information system.
• Researches, analyzes, and develops enhancements of automated systems related to admissions, registration, records, graduation, and online services; maintains current knowledge of hardware and software capabilities; contributes to long-range District technological planning decisions.
• Develops, interprets and delivers effectively structured academic support services such as admissions, registration, processing of grades, maintenance of student and course records, verification of student enrollment, certification of graduation, production of transcripts and diplomas.
• Interprets and communicates policies regarding evaluation and general certification for counseling, advising staff and students.
• Works closely with the Success and Instructional teams in developing and interpreting the credit for prior learning. Provides training as necessary.
• Maintains an efficient process for compiling student records, requests for incoming and outgoing transcripts and all legal requests for student records.
• Manages the review, processing and awarding of certificates, CBE credentials for students.
• Prepares ongoing program reviews, ensures compliance with matriculation regulations.
• Analyzes, creates and recommends new policies, procedures, forms and plans facilities usage for the admission and registration of students.
• Coordinates admissions and registration activities with appropriate divisions.
• Interprets and applies state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and college policies relating to admissions, residency, registration, and records.
• Serves as the expert on FERPA for the college.
• Participates in the enrollment management process by reviewing and reporting enrollment patterns, enrollment data, statistics, comparisons, completion trends and other related reports as required to appropriate administration and departments.
• Develops and coordinates the Student Services sections of the college catalog, schedule of classes, and Admissions & Records webpages.
• Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Operate standard office equipment including a computer, calculator and assigned software
• Understand and communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, concise manner
• Plan, prioritize, and organize work to meet schedules and timelines
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
• Work confidentially with discretion
• Display interpersonal skills, including tact, patience and courtesy
• Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, staff and faculty.
• Assure compliance with applicable District policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Present solutions to management level with confidence and effectiveness.
• Foster a team-oriented, collaborative and positive work environment.
• Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Analyze situations accurately; exercise sound judgment; work independently; and adopt an effective course of action.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Work independently with little direction
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and at least three (3) years of full-time experience in college admissions, registration and records, and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
PeopleSoft, Colleague, or Banner experience, preferably at the community college level. Demonstrated experience with complex computerized interactive student database systems.
Working Conditions and Travel
• Calbright College is a statewide online college where all instruction and support are done via various online technologies both in person and remotely. Calbright College has administrative offices in Sacramento available for use. When working remotely, employees should be able and willing to use digital communication tools as used by the college, and have the ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
• Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
• The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Calbright College policies, procedures, and Title IX.
• Calbright College celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing Calbright College’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
• Requires the ability to function in a remote online instructional environment performing work of primarily a sedentary nature. Requires the ability to use hearing and speech to make presentations to groups and carry on conversations over the phone and in-person. Requires speaking skills to communicate with staff and students in one-on-one and small group settings, on the phone, and to distinguish sound prompts from various types of equipment. Requires near visual acuity to read printed materials and computer screens. Requires sufficient hand/arm/finger dexterity to retrieve work materials, operate a personal computer keyboard, and operate standard office equipment. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Work is performed indoors where minimal safety considerations exist.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Calbright College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Calbright College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Who We Are
Calbright College is California’s newest community college – the first statewide, online campus designed to bridge the gap between employers with unfilled positions and students who don’t have either the time or money to attend a traditional school. Our mission is to increase economic mobility for working adults who lack easy access to traditional forms of higher education by offering flexible, affordable skills-based programs that provide tangible economic value for both working adults and hiring managers.
How to apply
1. Please submit your application (including both a resume and cover letter) or email your resume and cover letter directly to HR@calbright.org
2. Your cover letter must address:
• How your skills, education, and professional experience meets the minimum qualifications described in this job posting
• How your past work experience prepares you for success in this role at Calbright
• Calbright has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds. Please include a section that describes your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and/or professional experience working with these diverse groups.
3. Only those applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and address the topics listed above in their cover letter will be considered.
4. We prefer the successful candidate to be a California resident or someone who is willing to relocate to California. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.